Environmental, Social, and Governance
JLC is committed to incorporating ESG considerations into all elements of the investment process. JLC’s priorities include strengthening and creating opportunities in communities, advancing clean energy as the firm’s commitment to the environment, and advocating for inclusive contracting, procurement and resourcing by portfolio companies.
81,000 tons in annual carbon offsets
68% Minority or Women-Led Portfolio Companies
>$2bn in MWBE local spend and 10,000+ expected jobs, generated by JFK and LGA projects
Delivering on JLC's Commitment to ESG
Advancing clean energy and other environmental objectives
Strengthening communities and creating opportunities by advocating for inclusive contracting and hiring
Applying rules for good governance to manage risks and align the interest of owners and management.
114 GWh of Annual Renewable Energy Production 1
Landmark PE Developments to Improve NYC Airports and surrounding communities
Control Position of
of Portfolio Companies
114 GWH OF ANNUAL RENEWABLE ENERGY PRODUCTION 1
- Equivalent to power of consumption of 16k single-family homes or carbon emissions of 17k cars 2
- 100% LEED certified, where applicable.
- Direct investment in energy and resource efficiency infrastructure projects, such as smart water metering, LED lighting, and HVAC efficiency.
LANDMARK PE DEVELOPMENTS TO IMPROVE NYC AIRPORTS AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES
- JLC led efforts to deliver local hiring provisions for local firms and MWBE as part of JFK project.
- 15,000+ jobs expected
- 30% MWBE participation across all disciplines
- 38% MWBE participation to date at La Guardia
CONTROL POSITION OF 66% OF PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
- Active and frequent dialogue with management and board.
- 68% minority or Women-led portfolio companies3
- 83% Adoption of Responsible Contractor Policy 3
- 100% independent portfolio company level audits.
“JLC’s participation in the Terminal B project represents the first time in the State of New York’s history that an MWBE has invested in a public-private partnership project.”